Monday, May 12, 2008

Arriving in Guangzhou


This morning we flew to Guangzhou and are now at the White Swan. After a quick lunch at Lucy's we took the babies to the medical clinic for their consulate exam. We had a delicious Cantonese dinner up the street and are now in the room trying to figure out which bag we put what in. The extra traveling this trip is definitely more challenging that way. :)

Tomorrow we have paperwork in the morning, then some afternoon sightseeing. Isaac should be arriving around 9pm tonight. For now, I believe I'll get some rest. Traveling days really wear me out.

Jill



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew this, but, when are you coming back from China?

(I'm Andrew, student at HFS by the way.)

Anonymous said...

...Just read this on Yahoo! News. Did you feel this quake?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080512/ts_nm/quake_dc

Shannon Haus said...

Andrew,

So good to here from you! We were flying from Hunan province to Guangzhou when the earthquake hi thus, we didn't feel anything. We read about it the next day. We were very lucky. The reason I didn't respond while in China was that the censors shut down people's ability to read comments to their blog. I found this out from talking with someone in Guangzhou. While I love China and the Chinese people, the government does still very much control the information people are allowed access to. Take care Andrew, and I will see you next week!