Sunday, May 11, 2008

Miao Miao Gets Baptized


Father Lee Hong Wei just delivered Stefani's baptism certificate to our hotel and I've posted a picture of him with us. He is the priest who did the baptism for us. Gotta Go!
Jill



Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Today we went to mass at the Immaculate Conception church here in Changsha. It was so beautiful. A 400 year old church, and so awesome to worship with the people here. They were so friendly and wonderful. One of the priests, the one who speaks very good English, agreed to baptize Miao Miao after the mass. What an awesome gift to do so in her home province. Unfortunately my camera died just when we arrived and I left the hotel without batteries so they are no pictures of the ceremony, but it was beautiful and memorable. Tonight we're going to taxi back to get her baptism certificate, so perhaps I'll have it together then and we can get a picture with the priest.

By the way, mass is much the same and in some ways different. "Amazing Grace" is unmistakable in any language. But its the first time I've been to a celebration of mass that ended with fireworks! :)

Back at the hotel Shannon and Kati went shopping while Miao Miao and I played in the room. That was the best gift of all. She seems to have decided I'm okay after all and spent lots of time trying to get her ponytail holders into my hair. She is funny and smart and absolutely delightful, and I am so grateful to the many people who have made this possible.
Jill



No comments: